: The 12 Characters meme-thing posted by Meguey
Name 12 characters you have played in RPGs, before looking at the questions that follow. List your characters numbered 1 to 12, with the name of the RPG you played them in. Once you've picked your 12 characters, look at the questions and answer accordingly. (No peeking until you've picked your characters!) Put your answers behind a cut.
1 Jack (Cyberpunk 1st ed)
2 Damwild filia Eki (Ars Magica)
3 Pax Triuphia (Ars Magica)
4 Mad Molly (Cyberpunk 1st ed)
5 Lira (Ars Magica)
6 "Holly" Iverson (Sign in Stranger)
7 Ursa Ojo (D&D)
8 Sister Rosaria (Dogs in the Vineyard)
9 Max (D&D)
10 Frank (PrimeTime Adventures)
11 Repugnatia (Ars Magica)
12 Dauod ibn Hassam (1001 Nights)
Q&A after the break!
1. On 2006-10-02, Meguey wrote:
1) Who would make a better college professor: 6 ("Holly"), or 11 (Repugnatia)?
Well, Holly'd take it seriously at least. Pug would give hellish amounts of homework, just to see who caved under the stress, then pass everyone anyway because she couldn't be bother to actually grade papers. Pug's class would never be dull, though.
2) Do you think 2 (Damwild) is hot? How hot?
Hm. Not really, She's attractive, but not sexy. 5 (Lira) is very sexy, and 1(Jack) has the whole super-cool thing going on. 12 (Dauod) is an Arabian prince, thouogh, so he might just win.
3) 12 (Daoud) sends 8 (Sister Rosaria) on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed?
Obviously, it would be a mission to bring down justice on a corupt lesser sheik. Sister Rosaria would win, because she has that totally ojective authority going for her.
4) What is, or would be, 9 (Max)'s favorite book?
A coloring book with very few words and big pictures about basic safety, like the fire department gives out during fire prevention week. Either that, or he's secretly well versed in Kierkegard.
5) Would it make more sense for 2 (Damwild) to swear fealty to 6 (Holly), or the other way around?
Holly is the fealty swearer here. He's a follower type, and she could turn him into something nasty.
6) For some reason, 5 (Lira) is looking for a room-mate. Should they share a studio apartment with 9, or 10?
9 (Max) for a purely pysical, quickly over, generally dumb relationship, 10 (Frank) if she wants a solid friend who will be reliable for rent and good for hanging out, with anything romantic happening slowly over time.
7) 2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
That's Damwild, Ursa Ojo, and Daoud. It's somewhere in Morocco, and they are discussing plans for Damwild to acquire certain difficult to obtain gems. Daoud knows where they are, and Ursa will steal them - for a cut.
8) 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens?
3 (Pax Triuphia) takes on 10 (Frank) in a mock-battle. Somewhere in the event, his artificial leg falls off, and Pax winds up growing him a new on instead.
9) If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would they get it back?
8 (Sister Rosaria) would confront 1(Jack), ask why he'd commited the sin of theft; and if he didn't have a damn good reason, she'd ask for her property back. If he didn't give it to her, she'd shoot him, then take it back.
10) Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire.
"The Prince and the Pauper; the story of how Daoud ibn Hassam, Prince of Sammarkand, ended decades of war by turning over the riches of the kingdom to Ursa Ojo, an honest thief from Greece.
11) What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4(Mad Molly) and 1(Jack) to work together?
"You meet in a bar...." They already know each other, so no trouble.
12) If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
Ursa Ojo is a shape-shifting kleptomaniac with a wild sense of humor and a perfectly ordered and logical sense of justice and equality. It'd be crazy, but fun.
13) If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
What would I ask of Pax Triumphia? Oh, got it - serious longevity/health/wellness spells for myself and my family.
14) Does anyone on your friends list resemble 11 (either in appearance or personality)?
Yes! Devil-may-care attitude, mildly crazy redhead with a weird sense of fun and occasional flashes of brilliant insight? I know her. Twice, in fact. Maybe three times.
15) If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be?
Damwild chooing between Molly and Lira. Hm. I think she'd choose Molly, because Lira's a fellow mage and able to take care of herself. Conversly, Lira's a fellow mage, and Damwild might feel loyalty to her as such. Depends on why they were choosing sides.
16) What might 10 shout while charging into battle?
'Get the krauts!' Frank lost his leg in the war.
17) If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose?
Sister Rosaria's song would be 'Spanish Lullaby'
18) 1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
6 (Holly). 12 (Daoud) would not take the last food on the plate; he would find it greedy and impolite to imply that there wasn't enough. 1(Jack) wouldn't care, even though he actually got it first due to his inhanced reflexes. Then Holly'd insist they slipt it three ways.
19) What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10?
"I'm looking for a book on abnormal meterological events in this county in the last 100 years - could you help me find one?
20) What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
Indecent exposure, disturbing the peace, and property damage over $100.
21) What is 6's secret?
Can't say yet, since he's a brand new character.
22) If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
11 (Repugnatia) would cheat, of course. 9 (Max) wouldn't notice.
23) If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8?
7 (Ursa Ojo) turns into a bear when she's under stress. That feels pretty reassuring, even in light of 8 (Sister Rosaria)'s guns.
24) 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he/she is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
1 (Jack) and 9 (Max) reluctantly team up. Yeees, if Jack needed muscle to back him, which is odd. 4 (Mad Molly)'s sinister secret organization is so secret only she knows about it. 11 (Repugnatia) is actually a spy for Mad Molly? Weird. I guess Molly's ravings actually landed somewhere, like in 12 Monkeys. Ok, so Pug kidnaps 12 (Daoud) to force Jack and Max to surrender? Well THAT makes sense only if Daoud was the Prince bankrolling Jack and Max. 3 (Pax Triumphia) would totally know what was wrong with Molly, and Lira could probably tell Jack and Max how to find Pax Triumphia, so that's ok. The title? "Madness on the Mind" The only fully sane one in the
What I found interesting about it was picking on different aspects of characters -- seeing what did or did not register in my view of them. So, like Torin's hotness. Basically all of my other characters had varying degrees of hotness or anti-hotness. However, Torin just didn't register. I think it said mostly about the tone and focus of the campaign. That also made for a really funny question #19, which is what pick-up line Torin would use on Idelle -- where he lists his assets and then proposes marriage (or at least makes his intention to propose clear).